Copyright © WGB Creations All Rights Reserved.
Do not duplicate, translate, archive, appropriate or redistribute this document.
Tutorial Written 09/25/06
Translate from english to any Language here:
This is a Vector Tutorial. Easy.
You will need a font of your Choice. I used Bloody Bloody Font
This Tutorial was written in PSP 9. Can be done in any Version.
1. Open a New Image 500 X 500. Make your Background Color #FFFFFF. Foreground Null. Using your Preset Shapes Tool/Ellipse. Make a Large Ellipse. Go to Objects/Align/Center of Canvas. Using the Pen tool, hold down the CTRL Key and add 2 nodes at the bottom on each side and pull out. Then Add 2 nodes each on the sides. and Pull out the Middle one to form Arms. Click apply.
2. Still using the Pen Tool add 2 nodes on each side towards the top and pull in a little bit. Then Add a node at the top and Pull it out. Add another Node below the Pulled out one so you can shape the knot. Click apply.
3. Add a New Vector Layer. And still using the Ellipse draw a small Ellipse for a Hand. Add 2 Nodes on the Side and Shape as Shown Below. Click apply. Right Click and Choose Duplicate then go to Image Mirror and Place on the other Side. (Mine is a different Color so you could see it)
4. Go under the Hands layer. Make your Foreground Black and Your Background Null. Using the Pen Tool/Free Hand, Line Width 4 draw a line for a String. Click apply.
5. Go back to the top Layer and add a New Vector Layer. Toggle your Colors so your Background is Black and your Forgeound is Null. Using the Preset Shapes Tools draw a Small Ellipse for an Eye. Using the rotate to turn it in. Click apply. Right Click and Choose Duplicate. Then go to Image Mirror and place on the other side.
6. Add a New Vector Layer. Using the preset Shapes Tool Still Ellipse make a small ellipse for a Mouth. and Shape as shown below. Click apply.
7. Add a New Vector Layer. Toggle your Colors so Black is the Foreground and Null is your Background. Uing the Pen Tool, Line width 3, Free Hand Draw a Line for a Smile. Right click on both nodes and Change to Symmetric. Use the Arrow keys to shape. Make sure it fits the mouth. Click Apply. Then change to the Draw Lines and Poylines and Draw 2 lines on the side. Click Apply after each one.
8. Go back to your First Layer. Right Click and Choose Convert to Raster. Go to Selections/Select All/Selections/Float. Change your Foreground to a light Blue Color. Using the Airbrush Tool, with the following settings, Shade around the edges:
9. Go to your Hand Layer. Right Click and Choose Convert to Raster. Go to Selections/Select All/Selections/Float. Using the Airbrush Tool, size 35, Shade around the edges. Repeat for the other Hand Layer.
10. Go to the String Layer. Right Click and Choose Convert to Raster. Add a New Vector Layer. Find a Font you want to use. Mine was Bloody Size 48. I Used Vector so I could Rotate them. When Done Convert to Raster.
11. Go to the eye Layer and Merge both Eye Layers together. Right Click and Choose Convert to Raster. Go to Selections/Select All/Selections/Float. Add a New Layer. And using the Paint Brush Tool Size 5 Color White. Place 2 dots on the eyes. Go to Adjust/Blur/Guassian Blur put in a 2 and Apply.
12. Go to the Mouth Layers and Convert them to Raster.